History with clay
- I have been potting on and off for the past 15 years; first with the Edmonton Potters Guild and after we moved to St. Albert, I joined the St. Albert Potters Guild.
Primary forming method
Most-used piece of equipment
- Slab roller
What sparked my interest in pottery
- My mother was a member of the Edmonton Potters Guild when I was much younger and I was inspired by how much she loved expressing herself through clay. She still has a fully stocked studio in her basement!
Where I get my inspiration
- From everyday things I see in the world – from the colour spectrum of the aurora borealis to the texture of the scales on our pet lizards.
My favourite glaze or glaze combination
- Red Deer Black, with splashes of Purple Haze and Routile Blue
- I love the combination of the intense black and with splashes of the brighter colours