History with clay
- Around 2001 I began classes through City of St. Albert. I took some time off from potting but I am back once again.
- Brown clay
- for the way the glazes take on such a rich, earthy quality
- for its creamy texture
Primary forming method
- Am beginning handbuilding functional pots
Favourite decorating method
- Carving designs into clay
- I have about 120 things that can be used as tools. And I keep on collecting…
What sparked my interest in pottery
- I thought it would be fun and easy; it is fun, but definitely is an art form that takes years to master. Practice, practice, practice!
Where I get my inspiration
- I cut out photos from magazines
- I take pictures of pots that I like, make a sketch, and keep all of this in a huge binder
Favourite glaze or glaze combination
- Dipping my piece into a lighter glaze all over and then squirting and splashing and smooshing different glazes in random patterns. These are all very technical terms!