History with clay
- I started taking handbuilding classes when I was in junior high with the one and only Nell Sadee. I tried a couple of pottery courses but found pottery too structured. I have never been good with following directions. I love the freedom of handbuilding and sculpture.
Primary forming method
- Handbuilding sculptural pieces and carving
Primary firing method
- Raku. I love the unpredictability of it as so many factors play a role in the results. It’s exciting to be involved in the entire process of the firing.
- Ceramic lace tool
- Little black rock for burnishing
What sparked my interest in pottery
- Messing around with mud and fire… who wouldn’t love it?!
Favourite (pot) (vessel) to make
- I love making whimsical houses and masks