History with clay
- I have been potting for 25 years
- Mostly high-fire 570, 450 and WSO for raku
Primary forming method
- Handbuilding sculptural pieces
What sparked my interest in pottery
- As a child, I used to form little animals from clay, dug from our garden, and then bake them in the sun.
- When we moved to St. Albert and I saw that they had pottery classes, I signed up and now potting is my favourite thing to do.
Where I get my inspiration
- Nature, wildlife, life in general
Favourite (pot) (vessel) to make
- I like the challenge of making teapots and casseroles
Favourite glaze or glaze combination
- Black and white zebra design
- Shino, especially when it results in awesome carbon trap shades of grey